Thursday, November 16, 2017
22,000+ Confidential Philip Morris Records Released and New Drug Industry Collections23,240 new documents
posted to the UCSF Industry Documents Library today!
2 New Drug Industry Documents collections:
Tuesday, October 03, 2017
Industry Documents Library Bibliography reaches 1000!
The UCSF Industry Documents Library Bibliography
reached its 1000th citation this September 2017. The IDL Bibliography is a running list of papers, publications and posts that utilize our Tobacco Industry, Drug Industry and Chemical Industry Documents as primary source materials. See what others have already written; consult the Bibliography first before delving into any new research project.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
New Celexa and Paxil Documents Posted179 new Drug Industry Documents
were posted today.
- 78 new Celexa documents
- 101 Paxil Litigation, Adult Suicide documents - This new collection of documents comes from Paxil litigation regarding adult suicide. Lawsuits alleged Glaxo SmithKline (GSK) was aware of the high rate of suicidal behavior in adults during clinical trials of Paxil. GSK argued that because the FDA did not mandate GSK warn about the suicidality risk, it could not have warned or disclosed these risks any sooner. GSK argued that Paxil’s FDA-approved label shielded the pharmaceutical company from liability for failing to warn doctors and patients of that elevated suicidal behavior risk, a legal defense called 'preemption.' Read more on our Paxil Litigation Adult Suicide collection page
Friday, September 30, 2016
New Documents Posted238 new documents
have been posted to the Industry Documents Library.
Friday, May 13, 2016
Announcing our New and Improved Industry Documents Bibliography
The UCSF Industry Documents Library has been hard at work for this month's release of documents and features.
1) 825 new tobacco documents were posted to the Truth Tobacco Industry Documents yesterday.
2) The improved Industry Documents Bibliography!
Our Bibliography is a running list of papers and publications created using our industry documents. It has long been a helpful tool for research and education and we are excited to unveil the new interface today.
The Bibliography now lives on the Industry Documents Library site and can be found by clicking on "Bibliography" in the menu bar.
Depending upon which industry you start from (IDL, tobacco or drug), you will see citations for publications and papers based upon that specific industry archive's documents. For instance, if you access the Bibliography from the main IDL home page you will interact with citations from both Tobacco and Drug documents but if you access the Bibliography from the Tobacco area, you will only interact with tobacco document citations.
Key features for the new Bibliography
Our new Bibliography interface allows you to search in the citations for keywords, authors and titles and also allows you to facet results by Category and Reference Type. Click on the title link or the URL in the Link field to access the publication directly.
- "Newly Added" citations will be tagged with the "newly added" status so that these recent citations can be found quickly by users.
At this time we have 11 newly added citations to the Industry Documents Bibliography.
- Direct links to the documents cited
You will note in each citation record, there is a "Document Cited" field which holds the IDs of industry documents used as primary sources. If you click on one of the IDs in the "Documents Cited" field, you will be taken to the document record.
Conversely, if you are searching in the documents, you will notice links to a Bibliography citation from the search results and the document view if the document has been cited in one or more papers.
The new and improved Industry Documents Bibliography reflects all industries and will grow as we grow our document collections. As you browse the citations and take a look around, please let us know how it's working for you and if you have any suggestions.
Friday, December 11, 2015
IDL has launched its new Login feature!
By logging in from the home page (https://industrydocuments.library.ucsf.edu/), you can:
- Save your bookmarks and search histories indefinitely
- Set and save your search preferences
- Set display preferences for search results, saved documents, and search histories
Register with your email address to create an account!
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
The Real Risks of Rx Drugs - Georgetown University Conference
Don't miss 'The Real Risks of Rx Drugs', June 11-12, 2015, Georgetown University, Washington DC.
This conference will cover the invention of disease states; over-promotion of testosterone, hypoglycemic drugs, anticoagulants, psychiatric drugs, and fluoroquinolones; the skyrocketing costs of drugs, and much more. Meals and up to 12 CME credits are included in registration. Scholarships are available.
For more information, including a downloadable flyer, and abstracts of presentations, see http://pharmedout.org/2015Conference.htm.
For questions, contact Alessandra Hirsch (email@example.com) or call 202-687-1191