Friday, February 22, 2019
28,000+ New Food and Chemical Industry Documents Uploaded
It's been a busy month for our Food Industry Documents Archive
- The New York Times Coca-Cola Collection contains 1700 documents with more to come. Donated by NYT journalist Anahad O'Connor, these documents shed light on the Coca Cola backed non-profit group Global Energy Balance Network (GEBN), an organization that aimed to promote physical activity instead of reduced sugar consumption as a solution to chronic disease and obesity.
- Over 23,000 new documents were added to the William Darby Papers Collection
- 3,900 new documents were added to the Great Western Sugar Company Collection
Chemical Industry Documents Archive
We are pleased to announce the addition of the PFAS Collection to our Chemical Industry Documents Archive. This initial set of internal documents, donated by the film team behind "The Devil We Know," discuss the toxicity of C8, pending litigation, and DuPont's messaging around the exposure levels found in the buildings and surrounding areas.
We had a number of well-attended and compelling talks showcasing our Food Industry and Chemical Industry Archives last year. We now have the videos of these public events posted permanently under Public Lectures on our Research Tools tab. We hope to continue to provide these talks as new collections and industry archives are added.
New papers added to the Bibliography include:
- Maani Hessari,Ruskin, McKee & Stuckler. Public Meets Private: Conversations Between Coca-Cola and the CDC. Milbank Quarterly, 2019.
- Crosbie, Bialous, Glantz. Memoranda of understanding: a tobacco industry strategy to undermine illicit tobacco trade policies. Tobacco Control, 2019.